University innovation cluster has been developed to nurture a culture of applied research and need – oriented (societal or industry) innovation among researchers.
University Innovation Cluster (UIC) has been funded by Biotechnology Innovation Research and Assistance Council (BIRAC) in collaboration with Anna University. This council has developed a focused strategic action plan to foster the culture of innovation and techno – entrepreneurship in Universities, leveraging the Cluster Innovation Centre (CIC) model. UIC has been developed to nurture a culture of applied research and need – oriented (societal or industry) innovation among researchers. This includes stakeholders in the entire value chain from idea discovery to proof–of–concept to prototype development/pilot studies to validation and commercialization. We provide pre – incubation supports to effective translate innovative ideas into products thereof. Such support will include Technical infrastructure, Technology trainings, IP management, Technology business management, access to Venture Capital finance for setting up the industry.
Scope of UIC
- Search for innovators on all – India basis and groom them with education, funding and project development by associating with matching academic partnership in the region.
- Potential technologies in the University shall be identified and be developed to commercialization stage and enterprise will be created.
- Creation of platform tools for industrial Research and development
- Identified projects with pilot processes or prototypes shall be shortlisted, mentored and funded through BIRAC in a mode agreeable to the industry and academic partners.
- MSMEs requiring product development to establish businesses will be served with Research and Development and consultancy for establishing their business.